Thursday 31 March 2011

Meercats

www.microlodge.co.uk

I've been a tad slack in my blog posting as the last I did was from Scarborough, but there was an in-between episode.
On Saturday, I headed North as I had a mini-hobbit booked at Kinlochleven with the intention of doing Ben Nevis.  As usual, the plans went slightly???? off course.
I got to Lochearnhead at half eight in the morning in time to crash my friends for a coffee, but as she has just bought the post office there, she had to start at 9, so was left 'home alone'.
Then headed North, unpacked, and though I'd do a swift 2 hour stroll. No need for maps and compass then.  WRONG.  I got kind of lost as I'm wont to do.
I headed up to Blackwater reservoir to visit the dam.  All ok so far.  Then, instead of re-tracing my steps, I cut across the dam to the other side, and found what I now know is the Keiran Trail. I never knew it existed.
12 miles later, I staggered into home base. Huh!
This called for a few refreshments at the Ice Factor, which effectively cancelled out the Sundays plans.
On the plus side, I met a grand chap called Jim Mayburry who was doing the baggage run for his girls on the West Highland Way, which included the hauling of a Meercat statue around the highlands.  Don't ask me why...
Anyhow, he just sent me some pics from the time at Blackwater to post here.   Cheers Jim.

On the way home, I stopped of yet again at Lochearnhead and got to play with some chickens.  Oh Joy..



A non Meercat shot


Meercats on doorstep..




No comments: