Friday 4 February 2011

Long paddle home


I'm not sure if today was a success or not, as it started off in a miserable manner with a car breaking down at junction 15 on the road into Glasgow, which meant sore clutch knee for 3/4 of an hour to get into the SECC.

If that wasn't bad enough, we were all gasping for coffee, and I was the chosen one this morning. Found the kettle ok, but no water in it. Luckily, I espied a bottle of water nearby, filled the kettle, and made the coffee.

Tip of the day.....when using bottled water...read the label.

I'm not sure if you've drunk coffee made from Volvic water (flavoured with Lime and Lemon), but I can vouch that it's terrible.

Then we all had a tiff a few hours later.  This was due to an enquiry about getting Hobbits installed in the French mountains.  Gary thought he should go out to do a site survey as it was him talking to the customer.  I of course pointed out that as I have vastly greater experience of mountain terrain, I should go.
Then Davie pitches in using his near perfect French as his excuse for being the European Microlodge Rep.

Ah, never mind.  After another coffee using pure SECC tap water, we all kissed and made up.

The journey home made us realise we should have went to hall 2 and borrowed a boat. Terrible floods on the road, lots of detours and tired eyes.  Early to bed I reckon.


Picture taken from the blog of John and Jenny Wilson

No comments: