Saturday 17 April 2010

Early Sunday

www.microlodge.co.uk




It's Sunday and not 5 in the morning yet, but up and about getting ready for the trip into Edinburgh. It's the Chris Hoy half marathon, and it seems everyone I know is participating in the run.
My preparations on the other hand, will consist of filling the big flask with strong coffee, tupperware boxes of sandwiches and lending vocal support to all and sundry.

I think people here in Methil have an unusual training method, as every time I see someone running around here, they are usually carrying a TV or church roof lead.....

The race starts at Meadowbank stadium at 9 and ends at Mussleburgh race track, running via Leith.
I on the other hand will scoot around the Edinburgh by-pass in the car, and arrive before everyone, declare myself winner, and spend in the pub what I've saved from not buying expensive trainers.

No comments: