Monday 31 October 2011

On a Slippery Slope


Well, it's the start of a new week and microlodges 3 & 4 for Glencoe Mountain are well under construction.

As it was Halloween, we decided to come to work dressed up, so Gary pretended to be a joiner.
I of course came in as Brad Pitt...

After the traumas of my potential lawsuit from the Movie Moguls, I decided to treat myself this weekend.
Now, I'm of an age when going downhill fast and getting new footwear should mean wondering about pensions and pondering the best type of slippers, but I've gone to the other extreme and got myself skis and will hopefully not be going downhill too fast.


Of course, as I see myself looking,  and....



The reality...

Personally, I reckon it should be a doddle.  I've had the You-tube videos on the go, strapped on the skis, and practiced rocketting downhill from the comfort of the living room.  Mayhaps I should invest in a Wii ski game. (do they do one?)
On the minus side, that big springy thingy at the back of the foot grippy gizmo can fairly nip the fingers if you're not careful.   I even bought special 'ski socks'. Never even knew there was such a thing.  One must keep up with the lastest 'on-piste' fashions you know.   On that same theme, Gary refused to let me take the yellow tinted safety specs from the workshop, with a cutting "you look a plonker" remark. I think he's jealous as he's younger than me and has a bad back.
Now that I'm in the elite, I feel qualified to be able to pass on 'in jokes', so..

What's the difference between a ski instructor and a pizza?

A pizza can feed a family of four.

No comments: