Friday 26 August 2011

Dog Rescue


This is not a tale of a dog rescue in the Mountain Rescue sense, but rather a frantic search for Simba, my 'foster dog'.

I must admit, I was negligent to a degree, but the blame must lie firmly at the feet of the author, David Nicholls, who had me wrapped around his little finger with his book, One Day.
I think at the point of the dog disappearance, I was totally engrossed in the story, whilst someone in the house must have been peeling onions as my eyes were leaking a wee bit...
Well, that's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it.

Anyway, after a frantic search of the house and garden, I had to assume the rascal had crawled under the fence, (he's not able to jump it), and soon came across a lovely little old lady with the offending article tucked under her arm going around knocking on doors looking for negligent pet owners.  I then had to go through the process of giving him claps and calling him a 'cheeky wee monkey', when what I really wanted to do was  to boot his butt all the way home. Not that I would when he gives that endearing look of his...

Simba is now locked in the kitchen tighter than Terry Waite on a bad day, although not quite chained to the radiator....yet.  
I'm not sure if that is quite the definition of cruelty to animals, but it may have been worse. I could have went to the pub and left him a Jedward record set on repeat play...

I've been out shopping today for reverse technology.   To explain.  I need new drawings of all the Hobbit range for planning purposes, and after hours of frustration trying Powerpoint and various cad programmes, I hit upon the perfect solution by going analogue rather than digital and am now the proud owner of a schoolboys plastic drawing box, with rulers, angle thingies and an eraser (rather than pressing ctrl z).

As an added bonus, whenever I make a gross error, I can amuse myself by playing 'waste paper basketball' or fashioning paper planes with the failed results.   Can't do that with a laptop Eh!!



No comments: