Sunday 3 October 2010

Shoot the weather girl

www.microlodge.co.uk

Quote...It will clear up by 10 in the morning.
Fact...Ryder cup goes to a Monday for the first time due to torrential rain.

With implicit faith in the BBC, I set off at the back of 7 in the morning with a view to tackle Ben Lomond.
This as it turns out was a leap of faith too far, and had my kit consisted not of sturdy boots and walking poles, but a snorkel and fins, I may have had a fair to good chance of doing the walk. Oh...bat-like radar would also have come in useful as I couldn't see a thing.
As it happens, discretion being the better part of valour, I turned tail after a thousand or so feet, soaked through, and went home to the pub.

Hey-Ho...It'll still be there next time.

                                                  

No comments: