Sunday 12 June 2011

Ice Factor in Kinlochleven

www.microlodge.co.uk

Well, where to start.  Readers of this blog will by now know that things tend to be a tad unpredictable whenever I attempt to steer a steady course through life.
This weekend was no exception....

I set off nice and early for Kinlochleven with a car full of speakers, amps, guitars and all my climbing gear, all double checked and I had even written out a check list and ticked off everything as it was packed.

However, 20 miles into the journey, it was a U-turn as I'd forgotten to put my food supplies on the checklist, therefore no ticking on that item.  So, back home, into the kitchen, picked up the 'unlisted/unticked' stuff and headed North. (again)
What else could possibly go wrong?

Upon arrival at the campsite, it was chucking it down with rain, but I managed to get into the Ice Factor and set up the gear for the gig.  That only left me to get the tent up, (as once again, all the Hobbit houses are fully booked up), but in torrential rain, this was not really an option. Luckily, I got the keys to the site tool shed and set up home in there for the night.

The gig went well enough, but by 1 a.m. I knew the time had come to shut it down when the resident army guys thought that 'Barbie Girl' was deemed to be the best song ever written and was to be the anthem of the night, repeated ad finitum....

Then next day...disaster.  Which of the following can do me most damage?


Buachaille Etive Mor (which I fell off last week, no damage) OR...

A Tent Peg....

Obviously the tent peg.  I popped my back and trapped a nerve picking one of these little devils up.
No walking for me this weekend and a long painful drive back home with my tummy full of as many painkillers as possible to safely swallow.

Never mind, the time will come when I do get an incident free weekend......

On the bright side, Gary is home from the honeymoon and we should be building lots more mini-hobbits next week.

No comments: