Monday 1 November 2010

Gary gets to go up North

www.microlodge.co.uk

I was in the huff as Gary got to go up to Kinlochleven with the latest batch of mini-hobbits last Friday, but changed my mind as soon as I saw the weather forecast. Torrential rain.  Luckily, the weather for me over the weekend was fine and I managed to visit 'The Bunnet Stane' on the Northern slopes of the West Lomonds.


However, I may make it up to Glencoe this weekend coming and have a go at the few of the Mamores before the onset of the snows. Luckily, I'm all kitted up now as my crampons came, so I'm ready for the ice.

Tip for the day, don't try out your crampons on laminate flooring as the gouging marks are nigh impossible to disguise, and don't allow your cat to dance around your feet as the risk of perforations in the tail are high.

No comments: